NOTE: The application link is provided in Step 4. Please review Steps 1 – 3 before submitting your application.
Step 1: Who Should Apply?
Companies with products or services relating to planning, searching, shopping, buying or experiencing travel, representing all sizes and sectors may apply, including Travel Innovation Summit alumni. The following criteria is used for determining company stage:
- Startup: Companies less than 18 months old
- Emerging: Companies in early growth phase, 18-36 months old
- Established: Companies 3 years or older launching new, innovative solutions
Note: Spinoffs inherit the startup date of their parent company.
The applicant pool is vetted by expert Phocuswright technology analysts based on the uniqueness of underlying technical innovation. The age of the company applying or the novelty of the niche are not taken into consideration.
Step 2: Do I Qualify?
To be considered, a qualifying innovation must:
- Be a new travel product or service based on innovative technology, launched within the past year
- Significantly influence how travelers research, plan, purchase, organize, experience or memorialize their trips
- Impact the state-of-the-art in its target market
- Change the dynamics of the marketplace
- Implement new ideas and introduce new concepts that create value
Companies may not qualify if the innovation is:
- Currently receiving substantial media coverage
- A minor upgrade to an existing solution; however, major upgrades are welcome
- Not grounded in innovative technology or the innovative application of technology
- Niche, but not innovative
Still with us? Great! Move on to STEP 3 to learn about the application process.
Perhaps you do not meet the criteria. We encourage you to boost your brand at The Phocuswright Conference with outstanding advertising opportunities, high traffic exhibit options, or a workshop . Contact our team at
email@example.com or +1 860 350-4084 x505 for more information.
Step 3: Application Process
- Complete the application form in its entirety – there is no fee to apply. Take advantage of discounted pricing – submit your application two weeks prior to the expiration date.
- Phocuswright's experienced analyst team considers applications and interviews applicants on a rolling basis. In most cases, applicants will be asked to demonstrate their innovation via Webex. Applications are accepted until each program is filled.
- Some companies that pass first-level screening may be contacted to arrange a screening meeting with the Executive Review Committee.
- The committee will notify all applicants of its decision.
- The innovator package agreement is sent for signature – once you have signed this agreement, the innovator package fee is due.
2015 Innovator Package Fee*
- Through June 30: US$15,000
- July 1 and Later: $17,500
- Fee is due once your innovation has been accepted and you have signed an Agreement to demonstrate at The Travel Innovation Summit. (There is no fee to submit your application.)
- To benefit from the discounted pricing, submit your application two weeks prior to the price change date to allow for the review process.
- A limited number of scholarships are available.
Thank you for your interest. Applications for the 2015 Travel Innovation Summit are now closed.
To receive information about the 2016 event, please fill in the form.