The Phocuswright Scholarship for Travel Innovation
Quick Scholarship Facts
- You may apply for a scholarship ONLY if your innovator application has been approved.
- Ten scholarships are available for accepted innovators only (startup or emerging categories).
- Submit your Travel Innovation Summit application by June 1 to allow two weeks for our team to review your application.
- If accepted, you may THEN apply for a scholarship (deadline June 15).
Read on for full details …
The PhoCusWright Scholarship for Travel Innovation enables startups and emerging companies to demonstrate at The Travel Innovation Summit for a reduced fee (US$7,500), providing deserving recipients with access to crucial feedback and exposure.
Prospective scholarship recipients must FIRST apply for The Travel Innovation Summit and be accepted by the event's Executive Review Committee. Applicants may THEN submit a scholarship application addressing the following:
- Your organization and its history
- The financial status of your entity (investor(s), location, assets and liabilities) – Actual financials may be requested
- Your unique value proposition to travel distribution (500 words or less)
- What your business can accomplish in two years
- The top three things needed to achieve your goals
- The biggest roadblocks to achieving your goals
- Why your company deserves a scholarship
Each application must be accompanied by a non-refundable US$300 application fee. Applicants that are granted a scholarship will have five days to confirm their participation in The Travel Innovation Summit and pay the scholarship reduced fee ($7,500). Those who do not meet these obligations within the required timeframe will forfeit the scholarship and application fee. Note: if you choose to participate, the application fee is in addition to the $7,500 fee. Contact the Phocuswright Team for more information.
Application Review Process
All applications must be received by June 15, 2015. Applications will be reviewed and decisions made in the last two weeks of June by the Scholarship Committee. Scholarships will be offered only to companies demonstrating the greatest potential for success and the need for financial assistance.
A senior travel company executive will lead the Scholarship Committee and guide the scholarship selection process. If a sufficient number of eligible applications have not been received by June 15, the scholarship review timeline may be extended at the sole discretion of Phocuswright. All scholarship applicants will be notified of the status of their application in June/July 2015.